Published on August 12th, 2014
Under the CAN-SPAM Act (which is a Law in the U.S.) all communication messages from businesses that have a marketing message must have the following:
- Identification – The e-mail must be clearly identified as a solicitation or advertisement for products or services;
- Opt-Out – The e-mail must provide easily-accessible, legitimate, and free ways for you to reject future messages from that sender;
- Return Address – The e-mail must contain legitimate return e-mail addresses, as well as the sender’s postal address.
(Information from http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spam-unwanted-text-messages-and-email )
For more information about the Canadian Anti-Spam Legistlation, Visit: http://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home
- Be sure your passwords for e-mail are secure. Read more about the importance of a good password here:
- Newsletters should be sent at least 1/month, but not more than 2x/week.
- Include an action item in your marketing e-mails to measure it's success.
- Find ways to grow your e-mail marketing lists. Ask your social networks to sign up for e-mails, gather sign ups at trade shows or hold contests to encourage customers to sign up for your marketing e-mails.