How a Newsletter Can be Your Best Friend
Posted by administrator on Thursday, August 9th, 2012
Newsletters can be a fun and informative way to reach out to your customers. Many have recognized Newsletters as an important Marketing Tool because they can be both educational and profitable.
Here are some tips on writing a successful newsletter:
- Short and Sweet. The most effective newsletters are short and to the point.
- Educational. Add a 'tip of the Week' section, or teach your customers the latest techniques.
- Informative. Do you have a new product? Write about it in your newsletter! Are you having a sale on Fabric? Make sure that your subscribers know about it!
- Focus on the Subject. Make sure that the Title (Subject Line) gives your reader an idea of what the newsletter is about and why they want to read it!
- Address by name. Use the contacts name if possible.
- Choose the right time. The time of day, as well as the day of the week you send your email newsletter makes a difference. Statistically, more people check their email on Wednesday afternoon than any other time of the week. Do your own research here- Check your website statistics, and plan accordingly!
However, the above tips are obsolete unless you know how to avoid the 'spam trap'. There is no fail-safe way of doing this, but the next few tips will help you avoid being 'spammed':
- Ask Recipients to 'whitelist' you. Have them add your email address to their address book or contact list.
- Avoid popular trigger words and phrases. (Hint: You don't want any words that you would see on a billboard in Las Vegas)
- Keep your subject lines short.
- Don't have more graphics than text.
- Tell subscribers who you are.
My last tip is to have fun with your newsletter! Be creative, and consider having a designed template. Make your newsletter humorous, or add a fun fact. Remember, your goal is to reach as many people as you can, so consider your target audience and decide how best to engage readers and keep them coming back for more.
Wishing you a pleasant week,
Your team at Websites for Quilters
- No one has commented yet.